[Pharmwaste] National Association of Controlled SubstancesAuthorities Drug Take-Back Resolution

matthew mireles mirelesmc at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 8 15:26:24 EST 2007

How timely!  Yesterday, a formal Proclamation was signed by the Governor of
the State of Maine proclaiming October 31, 2007, Proper Drug Disposal Day.
The 4th Annual Drug Disposal Conference was held in Portland, ME, last week.
We are trying to document all the official declarations, proclamations, and
legislations concerning safe drug disposal.  Please forward them to me and I
will compile them.

By the way, the momentum has begun.

At the Drug Disposal Conference, the Athens Declaration, an international
resolution signed by a body of prestigious scientists and medical
professionals to call immediate attention to the issues of unused consumer
medications.  The first formal review of the Athens Declaration took place
in Portland, Maine, last week at the Conference.  I urge everyone to read
this Declaration and endorse it.

www.mainebenzo.org/athensdeclaration

We are in the process of presenting this Declaration to the United Nations,
through the UNDP and WHO.

Matthew C. Mireles, PhD, MPH

Community Medical Foundation for Patient Safety

  _____