[Pharmwaste] Drug disposal flyers

Gina Temple-Rhodes gina.Temple-Rhodes at WLSSD.Duluth.MN.US
Fri Mar 7 13:23:36 EST 2008

Attached is material from the Western Lake Superior Sanitary District's
"Medicine Cabinet Clean-Out Day" event. We came up with the name, and it
seems to have caught on with the local media, etc.

We have grant funding to run these events quarterly for a year, starting
last October. We have hosted two so far, and they have received good
response (166 households in October, 225 at February's event). We ran
ads in the local paper and distributed posters and smaller flyers to
pharmacies, medical offices and senior centers.

The materials have been effective in emphasizing the "one day only"
nature of our current event structure, and we have had little trouble
with people showing up on other days, etc.

Please contact me if you'd like to use any of the elements of the flyer;
we had original clip art created by a local artist, etc.

Thanks!

Gina Temple-Rhodes
Environmental Program Coordinator
Western Lake Superior Sanitary District
Duluth, MN 55806
218-740-4784 (direct)
www.wlssd.com

>	I would like to see what other states/organizations have done
>for educating the public with drug disposal flyers.  Any links or
>documents that you can share will be appreciated.  Thanks
>

>Deborah L. DeBiasi
>Email:   dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
>WEB site address:  www.deq.virginia.gov
>Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
>Office of Water Permit Programs
>Industrial Pretreatment/Toxics Management Program
>PPCPs, EDCs, and Microconstituents
>Mail:          P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA  23218 (NEW!)
>Location:  629 E. Main Street, Richmond, VA  23219
>PH:         804-698-4028
>FAX:      804-698-4032

Jennifer Crittenden, M.S.W.
Research Associate