[Pharmwaste] Drug disposal flyers

Nicole Gattas nmpeterse at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 20:26:10 EST 2008

  I run a medicine take back program with multiple partners on a grant from EPA.
  On the Schnucks website, we have a 2 minute video on disposal, and right below the video there are 2 pdf flyers we use.
  http://www.schnucks.com/pharmacy/rxreturns.asp

  Our major partner, ARCHS, also has some information...
  http://208.56.227.251/rxmeds.htm

  Nicole Gattas

Judy Schaefer <schaefj2 at michigan.gov> wrote:
      MI household guidance is at http://www.deq.state.mi.us/documents/deq-ess-cau-rxbrochure.pdf

  Attached is draft "Michigan Medical and Veterinary Care Facilities: Guide for Prescribing and Disposing of Unwanted Medications" that is being formatted for us by Sea Grant.

  Judy Schaefer
Environmental Assistance Program (EAP)
Environmental Science and Services Division
MI Department of Environmental Quality
1 North Constitution Hall,  525 West Allegan

  mailing address:
DEQ ESSD
PO Box 30457
Lansing MI 48909-7957

  direct line: 517-373-0590  fax: 517-241-0858
schaefj2 at michigan.gov
Environmental Assistance Center 800-662-9278

  DEQ Internet: www.michigan.gov/deq

  Disclaimer:  Regulatory guidance e-mails are provided to quickly get you an answer to technical or legal requirements.  They are not a substitute for compliance with the regulation, but guidance based on the best information available to the staff of ESSD at the time of response.

>>> "DeBiasi,Deborah" <dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov> 03/07/08 12:26 PM >>>

      I would like to see what other states/organizations have done
for educating the public with drug disposal flyers.  Any links or
documents that you can share will be appreciated.  Thanks

Deborah L. DeBiasi
Email:   dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
WEB site address:  www.deq.virginia.gov
Office of Water Permit Programs
Industrial Pretreatment/Toxics Management Program
PPCPs, EDCs, and Microconstituents
Mail:          P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA  23218 (NEW!)
Location:  629 E. Main Street, Richmond, VA  23219
PH:         804-698-4028
FAX:      804-698-4032

      Nicole M. Gattas, Pharm.D., BCPS
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice & Community Clinical Pharmacist
St. Louis College of Pharmacy & Schnucks Pharmacy
pager: (314) 253-2294
  voicemail: (314) 446-8555
cell: (314) 504-1202
email: nmpeterse at yahoo.com