[Pharmwaste] CNN story on AP Investigation on Pharmaceuticals in Drinking Water

Buckner, Terri (Sustainability Office) Terri.Buckner at facilities.unc.edu
Tue Mar 11 12:39:08 EDT 2008

Last night's interview with one of the AP reporters on PBS' The News Hour was also inaccurate and incomplete.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/environment/jan-june08/water_03-10.html

Ray Suarez kept asking what the indicators were that brought this issue to the reporters' attention. Donn didn't say a word about wildlife. When questioned about why such minute quantities of pharmaceuticals were of concern, he said nothing about the interaction between all these minute quantities. It was a very disappointing interview.

Terri