[Pharmwaste] Question on AP article, "Drugs in Water Hurt Fish and Wildlife"

DeBiasi,Deborah dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
Thu Mar 13 10:12:17 EDT 2008

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gfFmv5O8WO4WPvcC6cq_KykMilMgD8VAMMLO0

"Drugs in Water Hurt Fish and Wildlife"

	In this AP article, there is this sentence, "Meanwhile, female
fish have developed male genital organs."  To date, I have not seen any
publications that say that the females are becoming transgendered too.
Has anyone got any sources for this information?  I'm also contacting
the authors of the piece to see what their source was.

Deborah L. DeBiasi
Email:   dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
WEB site address:  www.deq.virginia.gov
Office of Water Permit Programs
Industrial Pretreatment/Toxics Management Program
PPCPs, EDCs, and Microconstituents
Mail:          P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA  23218 (NEW!)
Location:  629 E. Main Street, Richmond, VA  23219
PH:         804-698-4028
FAX:      804-698-4032