[Pharmwaste] Does your state have a list ofhazardouspharmaceuticals?

matthew mireles mirelesmc at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 22:37:37 EDT 2008

Eve,

That is correct.  We only have the data from samples of take-back programs.
A sample of unused and expired medicines (UEM) indicated 40% of prescription
meds were never used based on actual pill (pill, capsule, and tablet) count
and expected standard packsize.  A recent sample from CA showed about 52%.
Since these are data from our National Unused and Expired Medicines
Registry, we can't generalized too much from the info we have-a limitation
for any registry.

Do you by any chance have an estimate on response rate for participation at
take-back program?  We did a quick pilot study in Houston with a closed
population and determined a participation rate of 17%.

Matthew C. Mireles

  _____