[Pharmwaste] DEA question

Charlotte A. Smith csmith at pharmecology.com
Mon Mar 31 14:45:56 EDT 2008

Hi Michelle,

I suggest you contact the DEA Regional Office nearest you for their
advice. To our knowledge, DEA does allow law enforcement officers to
accept controlled substances at Rx take back events. You will need DEA
approval anyway. You can find the contact person at
http://www.dea.gov/job/agent/officesText.html

Charlotte A. Smith, R. Ph., M.S., HEM
President
PharmEcology Associates, LLC