[Pharmwaste] WRF Study: Trace Pharms in Drinking Water Too LowtoImpact Human Health

Sue Dayton sdayton at swcp.com
Mon Mar 16 08:18:31 EDT 2009

Hello Dr. McGowan:

I also attended the RTEHC. As I remember, the visiting scholar (whose name I
forget) who was paid by RTEHC to come and speak about pharms in water
announced that pharms in water do not pose a risk to people; however, he
said that less is known about potential impacts to the developing fetus.

I also spoke with the gentleman after his presentation and asked him what
data he used to base his conclusion on, and specifically, how he could make
such a conclusion when there is no data to back it up.

He agreed with me.

Sue Dayton

Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League

North Carolina Healthy Communities Program

PO BOX 44

Saxapahaw, NC 27340

(336) 525-2003

sdayton at swcp.com

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
-  Martin Luther King Jr.

  _____