[Pharmwaste] Donation of unused medications

Jaramillo, Jeanie Jeanie.Jaramillo at ttuhsc.edu
Thu Nov 19 17:04:09 EST 2009

Does anyone have a good resource for information on the donation of
unused medicines or information that basically prohibits this?  I have a
pharmacist who supplies meds to long term care facilities in blister
packs and is interested in donating unused portions.  Also, having
recently conducted a take-back program, we collected numerous items from
the public that were still factory-sealed.  Thank you.

Jeanie Jaramillo, PharmD

Managing Director, Texas Panhandle Poison Center

Assistant Professor, Texas Tech UHSC School of Pharmacy

1501 S. Coulter St.

Amarillo, TX 79106

P: (806) 354-1611

C: (806) 672-0833