[Pharmwaste] RE: hand sanitizer

Lyle Milby Lyle.Milby at NormanOK.gov
Tue Sep 29 15:27:37 EDT 2009

Our school system is putting these out in all of the schools at the
recommendation of the County Health Department in response to H1N1.  Our
Fire Department expressed reservations but they decided to go ahead with
it.  I assume it is an alcohol based product because of the fire
department concern.

Lyle Milby
City of Norman
Environmental Services
P.O. Box 370
Norman, OK  73070
(405) 292-9731
lyle.milby at normanok.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: pharmwaste-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us
[mailto:pharmwaste-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us] On Behalf Of Suhr,
Marcus W.
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:20 PM
To: pharmwaste at lists.dep.state.fl.us
Subject: [Pharmwaste] RE: hand sanitizer

I read an article where a child was poisoned by alcohol sanitizer
recently.  Its only a matter of time before a child dies, or they start
getting the swift idea of lighting it.  My own step-son was required by
the school to bring a bottle to begin the year.  This is a clear example
of bringing an item to market, and not enough controls.  Everyone thinks
sanitizer is so great.

Anyone else being requested to bring it to school?

Marcus Suhr, ASP
Industrial Hygienist
Christiana Care Health Services
Occupational Safety Department, Office L840J
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19718
302-733-3787 (office)
302-573-7662 (pager)
302-733-3771 (fax)
MSuhr at christianacare.org

---
Note: As a courtesy to other listserv subscribers, please post messages
to the listserv in plain text format to avoid the garbling of messages
received by digest recipients.
---
TO SUBSCRIBE, go to: