[Pharmwaste] RE: hand sanitizer

TBadrick at aol.com TBadrick at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 18:01:30 EDT 2009

I refer to them as little bombs in the hospital.  In an age where fire
marshals freak out over recycling containers size due to fire risk....its okay
to put aerosol containers (otherwise known as compressed gas cylinders) of
flammable materials every twenty feet or so along a wall?..  gee I feel
safe now.  Whatever happened to soap and water and proper technique?   is that
too complicated?  This is what happens when rampant uneducated fear  trumps
science and logic.

I clearly remember the day, sitting in the Reno airport bar and Wolf
Blitzer comes on TV with a special report about deadly MRSA...all I could think
about was how this would put a halt to all other hospital projects to solve
a  problem that really wasn't a problem, because guess what MRSA is already
everywhere and that just employing proper hand washing would do just
fine....sigghhhh, I must be getting older ;-)

Tom Badrick
Badrick Consulting

In a message dated 9/29/2009 12:28:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,