[Pharmwaste] RE: hand sanitizer

Volkman, Jennifer Jennifer.Volkman at state.mn.us
Tue Sep 29 18:22:54 EDT 2009

My kids haven't been asked to carry concealed yet.  They used to get an
extra credit point for bringing a box of tissues to class, but the
school disallowed that practice this year because they felt it might be
unfair to those who could not afford to supply the school with tissues.
So, the kids are packing their own or using the back of the hand, wall,
desk or whatever is handy.  Management at our state agency (and probably
all of them in MN) issued each desk a 4 oz bottle (apparently this
equals about 8 martinis) and a container of wipes.  I've heard they will
be installing dispensers outside all of our conference rooms, just like
hospitals.  A nurse friend of mine said they had to switch to another
type of sanitizer at her hospital because too many employees (they like
to blame the janitors) were adding a shot to their morning coffee. It
fits right in with all the other craziness...must be something in the
water...