[Pharmwaste] FW: Chemicals in water altering genders of fish (*LakePepin, Peedee and Potomac Riv

Phil Rioux riouxp at cmhc.org
Thu Feb 4 07:54:00 EST 2010

I cannot agree more!

Phil

Philip W. Rioux, R.Ph., FASCP
Director of Pharmacy
Central Maine Medical Center
300 Main Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
207-795-2328

>>> "Howard Anderson" <ndboph at btinet.net> 2/3/2010 5:55 PM >>>

Dear Pharmwaste List: Remember that over  99% of these drugs come from
excretions by those of us who take the drugs and excrete metabolites, or
in many cases largely unchanged drug. We should concentrate our efforts
on teaching our sewage systems to render the chemicals benign. Sometimes
we spend a lot of time and money trying to solve 1 percent of the
problem, when we should be better served solving the 99 percent. Then
the extra 1 percent would come along, as a matter of course. Sincerely,
Howard Howard C. Anderson, Jr.,R.Ph.Executive DirectorNorth Dakota Board
of Pharmacy1906 E. Broadway Ave.P.O. Box 1354Bismarck, ND
58502-1354Phone (701) 328-9535Fax (701) 328-9536Web site
www.nodakpharmacy.com