[Pharmwaste] 75-82% by excretion

Jeff Hollar jhollar at pwaste.com
Thu Feb 4 12:07:55 EST 2010

Here's a recent article by Richard Hanners that indicates: "Studies show
that 75 to 82 percent of the drugs found in wastewater treatment plants are
attributable to human and animal "pass-through," rather than direct drug
disposal as waste."

The full story is available at:
http://www.flatheadnewsgroup.com/articles/2010/02/04/whitefishpilot/news/new
s_8734779997_01.txt

I would suggest the remaining 18-25% is something that we do have the
technology and resources to properly manage.  It's the right thing and in
some cases the legal thing to do.

Jeff Hollar

President

PharmWaste Technologies, Inc.