[Pharmwaste] Treatment of pharms in wastewater facilities - monitoring

HTrim heatrim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:21:10 EST 2010

This is an excellent point.  Here in Washington State, we are going through
a rule-making process for reclaimed regulations, and there has been
tremendous opposition for even baseline monitoring for pharmaceuticals in
the water that will be used for reclaimed purposes, much less regular
monitoring.

My environmental group supports the use of reclaimed water but have strongly
advocated that the issue of emerging chemicals, including pharmaceuticals,
MUST be addressed.  So far, this has been unsatisfactory.

Best,

Heather

Heather Trim

Urban Bays and Toxics Program Manager