[Pharmwaste] Treatment of pharms in wastewater facilities

TBadrick at aol.com TBadrick at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 10:24:31 EST 2010

Well setting aside the obvious groundwater issues, I'm wondering what
thoughts are on solids/airborne contamination threats could be.  Lets  safely as
sume that "watering" is done during dry periods (often warm in theory),
would potential pharmaceuticals sufficiently settle out of the water and bind
to  the surface in addition to settling into the soil and groundwater system,
thus  creating a potential touch exposure and also becoming airborne  thus
contaminating a much greater area.

I realize the potential volume isn't huge but then again no telling what
new creations can come from the chemical world.

Tom Badrick
Badrick Consulting

In a message dated 2/18/2010 7:14:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,