[Pharmwaste] Drug Terminator

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Mon Jun 18 17:35:44 EDT 2012

These units can't be operated in MN because they cannot meet our air quality permit requirements--or it would be cost prohibitive to meet them. We've never gotten to the ash discussion because of this. They should be able to send you ash test results if they are certain enough to actually swear about it? I'm guessing any mercury content would go out the stack and there could be a few RCRA metals in the ash, maybe barium, chromium, selenium from vitamins and various other drugs. I don't know that any other metals are used commonly in pharms.