[Pharmwaste] Hospital Discharge

Ed Gottlieb EGottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Mon Feb 9 08:49:43 EST 2015

A fellow wastewater pretreatment coordinator from Ohio just posted this to the pretreatment Listserv.
Anyone have advice that I can pass along?  Thanks!
We have been requested to accept the periodic discharge of controlled substances by a local hospital.
The specific request is for morphine, lorazepam and Phenobarbital.  I have a few questions.
Has anyone else received a similar request?
What was your response?
What should be my concerns?

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal
fax: (607) 273-8433