[Pharmwaste] Program closes, lack of funds. MO 4th state to not allow pharmacy take back?

Tiemeier, Amy Amy.Tiemeier at stlcop.edu
Thu Feb 12 10:43:27 EST 2015

Ed,
Currently the MO law does not allow for pharmacies to do take back. That being said, when the new rules and regs came out, the MO Board of Pharmacy as well as the BNDD and other state agencies started discussing this. My understanding is that they intend to change the state regulations to allow this and there should be an emergency order coming out soon.
In the St. Louis area we still have law enforcement providing med take back through funds and a partnership with a non-profit (www.missourip2d2.org<http://www.missourip2d2.org>) that pays for incineration for partner law enforcement.
Please let me know if you have any other questions as I am very involved with this issue in St. Louis!
Amy

Amy Tiemeier, Pharm.D., BCPS
Director, Community Partnerships
Associate Director, Office of Experiential Education
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D046A8.5A6C9560]
4588 Parkview Place, St. Louis, MO 63110-1088