[Pharmwaste] Do Today’s Disruptive Technology Trends in removing Pharmaceuticals-OTC Medications-Vitamins from the environment threaten the take-back arena?

Lawernce Kenemore Jr. ldkjr100 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:38:43 EDT 2016

These days someone or something is tossing curveballs into the game,
unsettling the entrenched programs, sowing seeds of discontent among the
entrenched and then the entrenched disrupting the flow of information to
protect their best “vested” interest instead of the environment.

Is it bad to get jerked around into radical departure from the way this
business has operated?  Finding yourself writing off programs that have
served you well for generations, is that bad?  Sending well-seasoned
entrenched managers to the showers for their outmoded thinking?  The answer
is an emphatic yes.

Disruptive change can be brought about by technology.  Look at your today’s
environment where technology has made people’s lives better and more
efficient.

We at Stat-Medicament-Disposal Corporation use technology to determine the
exact weight of Pharmaceuticals-OTC Medications-Vitamins that are collected
by address/location.  Is that bad?  I do not think so since we find that
take back programs have been “cooking the books” so to speak by adding in
the weight of bottles-glass etc. in their reported numbers.  You should be
viewing the data monster as the disrupter not the person that uses it.

Is a system that destroys Pharmaceuticals-OTC Medications-Vitamins in the
home a disrupter technology?  Look at the system:

                                                                It destroys
more than just Pharmaceuticals (Opioids-etc.)

The entrenched industry uses the opioid epidemic to scare the public into
joining their program and then gets grants from the State and or Federal
government.  What about the other Pharmaceuticals-OTC Medications-Vitamins
that are polluting our drinking water?  Is this not a disruptive technology
that accomplishes more than the take back programs?

The public is not satisfied with the widening gulf between the entrenched
decision makers and themselves.

The true disruptive forces lie in the hearts and minds of the public that
is looking not just at costs but for a better solution to remove
Pharmaceuticals-OTC Medications-Vitamins from our drinking water.  We have
found from presentations at Senior Centers-Lions Clubs etc. that it is not
just “opioids” that concern them but all the other Pharmaceuticals-OTC
Medications-Vitamins that they have to get rid of.
What is the mission of take back programs?  If and when the public turns
their attention to look at where the money is being spent, the actual
costs, it may not be a good time to be invested in an entrenched out-moded
program that does not meet the demands of the public.