[Pharmwaste] Do Today’s Disruptive Technology Trends in removing Pharmaceuticals-OTC Medications-Vitamins from the environment threaten the take-back arena?

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Wed Aug 24 17:30:03 EDT 2016

A sorta cryptic approach to marketing, combined with an opinion, maybe? The company sells the bottle of “neutralizer” that you put pills into, shake, then toss into the garbage or mail to an incinerator. So, it is mail back option which we all agreed a long time ago is one of the tools in the box to address the issue. Various versions are sold by several different companies, some add “neutralizer”, some do not. Nothing new under the sun, just another set of assumptions and numbers to theoretically demonstrate this or that product is the best if you go to a website and check it out.

This list serve was established to provide information, so determining where to draw the line between information and options for safe disposal is tough. The majority of the people on here do not want to read advertising or assumptive opinions and are very much aware of the disposal options, but go ahead and advertise if you wish everybody, just be sure to point out the faults of all the other tools in the box while you are at it.