[Pharmwaste] Update Yellow Jug Old Drugs

Chris Angel chrisangel at greatlakes-us-cleanwater.org
Mon Nov 21 15:54:07 EST 2016

Record Breaking Collection/North Dakota Renews for 2017/Fund Raising
Campaign Preview

We are really pleased to see so many people responding to and using the
Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program to properly dispose of Rx-Waste.
The amount we collect at pharmacies continues to increase every year. We
have been collecting during November at Pharmacies in Michigan and most
are experiencing record-breaking totals. Many pharmacies are collecting
twice as much as they had previously.
This is due to more people being made aware of the program and the fact
that many pharmacies can now collect controlled substances.

The North Dakota Board of Pharmacy Renews the Yellow Jug Old Drugs
Program for 2017. The ND BOP provides funding for pharmacies that want
to collect Rx-waste for proper disposal.
The Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program has been in operation in ND since early
2016. Currently 80% of the licensed pharmacies in ND participate, By end
of 2017 the number is expected to be close to the 100% mark. The ND BOP
recently renewed the program for 2017. “This is great news for us, says
Chris Angel, President GLCW/USCW. North Dakota is the first state beyond
the Great Lakes that we are operating in on such as large scale, we are
looking forward to many more states getting on board”

This is all great news especially during a year that so many milestones
have been achieved.

• Received Reverse Distributor License to collect controlled substances
for disposal.
• One of 27 Reverse Distributors in the Country
• The Only Non-Profit Reverse Distributor
• The largest Drug collection program in the country being operated by a
Non-Profit
• Produced the first round of Lockable Containers to collect controlled
substances
• Completed the design and manufacturing process to produce Round II of
the Lockable Containers in high-impact plastic.
• Established an office and Headquarters in Detroit.
• Hired new staff including an Administrative Manager and new Drug
Collection Technician
• Instituted an on-line ordering portal for ordering additional
supplies.

We have been able to achieve all of these benchmarks while keeping our
costs as low as possible. As the only non-profit organization operating
a large scale drug collection program, we are proud to offer pharmacies
an annual program fee of $300 that has been unchanged since 2008.
Great Lakes Clean Water/US Clean Water believes the initiative to keep
unused/unwanted drugs out of our water supply is vital to public safety,
and can be done without profiteering. Your support will help us continue
this important work for years to come.

We want to thank the many pharmacies that partner with us to provide the
Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program. Our record-breaking year of drug
collection is humbling and drives us to work harder to provide this
crucial public service.

Our mission to keep our water safe and clean for generations to come,
Tax-deductible donations to Great Lakes Clean Water help to keep our
costs to pharmacies low and provide funds for other local clean water
initiatives. In honor of our upcoming fundraising campaign, we are
attaching a preview of our new banner that will be displayed proudly
across the front of our new building in Detroit.

FACEBOOK Link
www.facebook.com/Great-Lakes-Clean-WaterUS-Clean-Water-Organization-250252498393081

--
Chris Angel, President