[Pharmwaste] Wisconsin has another take-back record

Catherine Zimmer zenllc at usfamily.net
Fri Jan 4 11:18:56 EST 2019

Hi Christine and all,

Christine, I couldn't agree more.  There is no longer anyone taking the
reins on source reduction of pharmaceuticals.  Steven Gressitt and I were
trying to work that angle, but unfortunately Steven died and I am a
consultant in private practice.  While I've tried to find grants to pursue
this type of work, there really aren't any that are viable.  As you know,
grants take a lot of administrative effort and must be fairly large to be
economically viable.

In 2012 the Center for Medicaid Services (CMS) enacted legislation that
would allow trial doses of rx without requiring a copay (I think it was),
but that has not been widely enacted.  I also did work on vouchers rather
than samples.  The other point of course is we are a drug oriented society
and most people demand a pill rather than other options to address ailments.
Lastly, in addition, we really need MD to push the change to less drugs and
better health.

Very truly yours,

Catherine Zimmer, MS, BSMT

Executive director,  <http://www.hearrtmidwest.wildapricot.org/> HEARRT
Midwest

Principal, Zimmer Environmental Improvement

Improving processes, minimizing and managing waste and, reducing costs.

T:  651.645.7509

 <mailto:zenllc at usfamily.net> zenllc at usfamily.net