[Pharmwaste] Wisconsin has another take-back record

Susan Boehme Susan.Boehme at erm.com
Fri Jan 4 11:47:52 EST 2019

Christine,
When I was with IL-IN Sea Grant we were working on getting contacts within the VA system because they are the largest prescriber of medications nationally and they tend to have an older population that has more risks with unwanted medicines.  We were starting to make some headway but our focus switched to getting more collection boxes throughout the Midwest.

At the time, all our efforts to work with the AMA were rebuffed.  They didn't want to talk to us and they rejected our offers to give presentations or have a booth at their annual national or local conferences.  Very disappointing.  We did work with several of the geriatric medical organizations and we did give presentations at those conferences.  We essentially were in the mode of delivering information and raising awareness to the medical profession.  We made much better headway on the Veterinary medicines issue and established an MSA with the AVMA to develop materials and information for vets.

This may be a better time to reach out to the VA, but as you note, finding the vehicle and the funding to undertake this is a challenge.  If a small group wanted to form and volunteer some time, I am happy to help.  Susan

Susan E. Boehme PhD
Principal Consultant
ERM
295 Madison Avenue, Suite 8A │ New York, NY 10017
T +1.212.803.0206│M +1.917.345.4514
E susan.boehme at erm.com<mailto:susan.boehme at erm.com>  W www.erm.com<http://www.erm.com/>