shrug-l: Colorado and Florida Lowest Ranked on National GIS Coordination Survey

Lee Hartsfield LEEH@mail.co.leon.fl.us
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:37:29 -0400

I hope I didn't speak out of turn with my comments.  I appreciate
everthing that you do for the GIS community.  Your continued
participation in any statewide coordination effort is needed.  Thanks,
Lee

I have also received a call from staff at the STO and they wish to
participate in the forum, as well.

Lee N. Hartsfield
TLC GIS Coordinator
301 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Ph. (850) 488-2818
FAX (850) 922-0099

>>> "Hodge, Stephen" <SHodge@admin.fsu.edu> 6/2/2004 3:35:01 PM >>>

Just for the record, I am the NSGIC coordinator for Florida.  I agreed
to "replacing" David Stage when the GIB died.  I told him that because
had no authority, staff, money, etc. that it would be in name only.  I
receive 3-5 calls a year from other states, private companies, or the
council itself asking about some GIS aspect.  Because FREAC has been
around along time and work with many of the state agencies, I am aware
of a lot of what is going on and can often steer them to more
appropriate people (I am also smart enough to know that I don't know
everything that's going on).  I have repeatedly told them that I do
not
speak for the state, but help them as I see fit.

As for the survey, I never saw it.  My guess is that because they got
no
response from us, they assumed all "no's".  Just my guess.

Stephen W. Hodge
Florida State University
shodge@admin.fsu.edu