shrug-l: Pre-designed layouts

Larry.Kung@dca.state.fl.us Larry.Kung@dca.state.fl.us
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:57:43 -0400

--=_alternative 004CB21885257020_=

Hi fellow Shruggies,

I need help in ArcGIS.  I have created a few default map document (.mxd)
files which pre-load coverages when they are opened.  My question/problem
is how to "incorporate" pre-designed layouts to these map documents. These
pre-designed layouts consist of different sizes and orientation to print
to a plotter.  Examples are E-size landscape/portrait, D-size
landscape/portrait, etc.  They have to be different layout designs because
of readability (proportioned text, logos, etc.)  I have a hard time
understanding the concept of templates and to create/save them.  (May be
taking a course would help).

Other concern: I am running 9.0 with Spatial Analyst.  The rest of the
computers are running 8.3 without Spatial Analyst.  Does that create a
problem for the rest to use these default map documents?

Thanks for your help.
_________________________________

Larry H. Kung
DEM/GIS
Dept. of Community Affairs
(850) 413-9979

Please note:  Florida has a very broad public records law.  Most written
communications to or from state officials regarding state business are
public records available to the public and media upon request.  Your
e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.
--=_alternative 004CB21885257020_=

created a few default map document (.mxd) files which pre-load coverages
when they are opened. &nbsp;My question/problem is how to &quot;incorporate&quot;
pre-designed layouts to these map documents. &nbsp;These pre-designed layouts
consist of different sizes and orientation to print to a plotter. &nbsp;Examples
are E-size landscape/portrait, D-size landscape/portrait, etc. &nbsp;They
have to be different layout designs because of readability (proportioned
text, logos, etc.) &nbsp;I have a hard time understanding the concept of
templates and to create/save them. &nbsp;(May be taking a course would
help).</font>
Spatial Analyst. &nbsp;The rest of the computers are running 8.3 without
Spatial Analyst. &nbsp;Does that create a problem for the rest to use these
default map documents?</font>
Larry H. Kung<br>
DEM/GIS<br>
Dept. of Community Affairs<br>
(850) 413-9979<br>
Please note: &nbsp;Florida has a very broad public records law. &nbsp;Most
written communications to or from state officials regarding state business
are public records available to the public and media upon request. &nbsp;Your
e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.</font>
--=_alternative 004CB21885257020_=--