shrug-l: Introduction to ArcGIS I & II Classes

Tripp C. Corbin tcorbin@keckwood.com
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:18:39 -0500

Introduction to ArcGIS I & II Classes
March 7 - 11, 2005
=20
Keck & Wood, Inc., an ESRI Business Partner,  has scheduled Introduction
to ArcGIS I & II Classes for the second week in March. The classes will
be held at Keck & Wood's Corporate Office in Duluth, Georgia, behind
Gwinnett Place Mall. Many states and organizations allow these classes
to be counted toward required CEUs or PDHs
=20
General Overview of Classes:
These classes introduce participants to ArcGIS(tm) and provide the
foundation for becoming a successful user. Participants learn how to use
ArcMap(tm), ArcCatalog(tm), and ArcToolbox(tm) and explore how these
applications work together to provide a complete GIS software solution.
They cover fundamental GIS concepts as well as how to create, edit, and
work with georeferenced spatial data. Participants learn how to
manipulate tabular data, query a GIS database, and present data clearly
and efficiently using maps and charts.
=20
Target Audience:
These courses are for those who are new to ArcGIS, moving from ArcView
GIS 3.x to ArcView 9.x or to geographic information systems (GIS) in
general.
=20
Prerequisites and recommendations:
Participants should know how to use Microsoft Windows and have some
understanding of databases or spreadsheets.
=20
Cost:
The cost for the Introduction to ArcGIS I class will be $750.00 per
student. The cost for the Introduction to ArcGIS II class will be
$1,175.00.  We are offering a bundled deal of $1,875.00 for those that
register for both classes. Additional discounts are available for
groups. Payment or purchase order must be received prior to the start of
class. Any cancellations must be made one week in advance of the class
to receive a refund.
=20
About the Instructor:=20
Tripp Corbin, a Microsoft Certified Professional, a GIS Certified
Professional, and an ESRI Authorized Instructor, will be teaching these
classes. Tripp has been providing training and support for Keck & Wood's
clients and employees since joining the firm in 1993. He has over 16
years of experience in surveying, mapping and GIS. Tripp has used many
of the most common GIS and mapping software packages including ArcGIS,
ArcView GIS, ArcInfo, ArcIMS, AutoCAD, Autodesk Map, MapGuide, and
Microstation.
=20
For information about these classes or other GIS training please
contact:
Tripp Corbin, GISP, MCP
Keck & Wood, Inc.
(678) 417-4000 or tcorbin@keckwood.com