shrug-l: Weird Request

Nicholas Martinez MartineN at
Fri Jun 2 08:17:02 EDT 2006

Not exactly sure to what  you are trying to attach political party affiliation, but the local Supervisors of Elections should have information of that type.  I am in elections and can answer questions to that effect.  Let me know what you are looking for and I will tell you what is out there.

Nicholas Martinez
Demographic/GIS Manager
Leon County Elections Office
315 South Calhoun Street, Suite 110
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Office: (850) 606-VOTE(8683) 
Fax:     (850) 606-8601
martinen at

>>> "Nonie Castro" <nonie_castro at> 06/01/06 6:31 PM >>>

One of my coworkers asked me to try to find the following information. 
I've been Googling for a while, and I'm stuck!
I'll copy her email to me here - in case this rings a bell with any of you:
"I need to collect data at the DMA, MSA, CBSA or worst case scenario, 
State or county level for the following things:
Climate (days of inclement weather)
Natural disaster propensity
Political party affiliation
Gasoline pricing
Taxation (income, sales/use, B&O)
Local, state level regulation on: Cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, do not mail"
Then she adds: 
"I don’t actually need you to collect any data

just perhaps find some good websites that provide these data sets, 
even if there is a cost involved, and forward me the links."
Do any of you know where I can find this information? 

Thank you,
Nonie Castro
GIS Specialist
Cox Target Media
8605 Largo Lakes Blvd
Largo, FL 33773
727-399-3000 x3246 
-------------- next part --------------
Skipped content of type multipart/related

More information about the SHRUG-L mailing list