shrug-l: job posting
SNickerson at birkitt.com
Fri Mar 24 16:08:48 EST 2006
A small, but growing environmental consulting firm is seeking a GIS
Specialist in our Tampa, Florida office. The qualified candidate will
support project managers and field crew by creating graphics for visual
and analytical purposes, as well as manage the GIS database. They will
be responsible for organization and upkeep of all GIS related files and
figures. We focus on environmental consulting services for both private
and residential development, as well as coastal and marine assessments
and airport expansions. The requirements are to use ArcView 9.1 to
provide cutting edge geospatial technology for a number of users,
requiring the ability to integrate geospatial data into a number of
different technologies. The GIS Specialist will import, create, and
update digital data layers, creating and updating geospatial data for
A BA in Geography or related subject and at least 2 years experience is
required. GIS certification may be considered in lieu of one year
* Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
* Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements,
required outputs, or to develop applications.
* Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
* Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and
determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
* Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including
censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and
* Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into
documents and reports.
* Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of
spatial feature representations.
* Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of
coordinate information using the principles of cartography including
coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map
* Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
* Prepare metadata and other documentation.
* Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, and color
* Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output
reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
* Present information to users and answer questions.
* GPS download and manipulation in GIS
* Retrieve stored maps.
*Contact Brian Lane blane at birkitt.com to apply
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L