shrug-l: Saving Normal.MXT

Yurong Tan tany at gisgo.com
Tue Apr 3 18:15:22 EDT 2007

This is not an isolated incident.  I haven encountered a similar problem in
saving a MXD and then ended up contacting ESRI support which appeared to be
aware of this kind of behavior of ArcMap.  I could not even save the MXD in
a different name and location.  ArcMap just locked it up entirely and
rebooting the desktop did not help either.  Unfortunately, this also appears
to be happening at random and it could not be replicated easily.

The problem went away the next day entirely by itself and it was not
Halloween!

Good luck