shrug-l: upcoming training

Katherine Milla millakat at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 01:17:00 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I am considering conducting some geospatial training this summer.  My plan is to offer a "geospatial bootcamp" that is discipline specific rather than software specific.  The training will be a two- to three-day short course that will employ various software applications and draw from different data sources to address issues relevant to a specific application.  My intention is for students to come away with the skills and resources they need to deal with geospatial issues encountered in their own field of work.

Some of the training areas I am considering are Natural Resource Management and Public Health.  I would like to tailor the training to the specific needs of the professional community.  If you are interested in this type of training for yourself or your employees, please reply and let me know your specific training needs.

Sincerely,

Katherine Milla, PhD, GISP