shrug-l: ArcGIS Server Manager

Bill_Alfred at doh.state.fl.us Bill_Alfred at doh.state.fl.us
Thu Apr 19 09:41:56 EDT 2007

SHRUG Members,

Does anyone have experience installing ArcGIS Server 9.2 on a Windows XP computer?

I am trying to get ArcGIS Server 9.2 working in my computer with Windows XP.
I have installed, authorized and gone through the Post install for GIS Server and Web Applications.
I also installed the recent Service Pack 2.
After the above process, I am able to add an ArcGIS Server and create a service in ArcCatalog, so it seems that part of ArcGIS Server is working.
But when I try to deploy ArcGIS Server Manager I get a web page with the following message:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh <javascript:location.reload()>  button, or try again later.
Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/ArcGIS/Manager/default.aspx'. Line 1...
This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!
^

I can look at the default.aspx page in Visual Studio 2005 and all it seems to have is this last line--nothing like the HTML for a ArcGIS Server Manager page..
One of my Information Technology persons seems to think that all the components of Manager were not installed on my computer during installation and I need to re-install the Manager.  Is this correct?

I think I am close but so far "no cigar" with the manager.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Bill Alfred, MS, GISP
Certified GIS Professional
Governmental Operations Consultant
Florida Department of Health
Office of Planning, Evaluation & Data Analysis

Mail Room
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Bin A05
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1706