shrug-l: FW: The Rocket City Geospatial Conference

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Mon Apr 23 09:05:09 EDT 2007

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37495&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
&
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The Inaugural Rocket City Geospatial Conference
The Premier Geospatial Conference in the Southeast
October 15-17, 2007 - Huntsville, Alabama - Huntsville Marriott

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/temp/images/1/cropped_MG_3886_sm.jp
g>

:

We wanted to alert you that there are sponsorship opportunities and a a
call for presentations for the inaugural
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37495&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> Rocket City Geospatial
Conference October 15 -17, 2007 in Huntsville, Alabama now ongoing.

The objective of the conference is to focus attention on the breadth of
geospatial technology and application development represented in the
Southeastern United States. Many local and regional businesses and
government agencies are developing some of the finest technology in the
world and we welcome your participation in our event.

 Some of the
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37498&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> topics for you to consider
submitting to our program during this 3-day event include:

	** Emerging technology for discovery, visualization and access
to geospatial information
** GIS Certification, Job Classification, Workforce development
** Homeland Security: Emergency Preparedness & Response
** Metadata, or lack thereof: "The largest crisis in GIS today"
** Open Source vs. Open Standards: Clearing up the confusion
** Emerging Technologies: Ubiquitous computing; Sensors Web; GeoRSS;
Microsatellites
** Integration of GIS and "Virtual Reality" in Battlefield Management
** Interoperability & OGC Specifications
** Mobile Geospatial Solutions and Field Service Management
** State issues: Data sharing, council formation, etc.
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37498&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> and more

Abstracts due June 15th.
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37496&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> Submit your presentation
abstracts on or before this date. You will be notified of your
acceptance to our program in July. Final paper presentations will be due
August 31, 2007.

See complete details on the conference regarding the agenda and
accommodations at the
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37495&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> conference website.

  _____

Exhibitor Information
  <http://www.rocketcitygeospatial.com/images/2007/hotel.jpg>
The Huntsville
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37499&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>  Marriott located on the
grounds of the US
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37501&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> Space and Rocket Center is
the host facility for the event. There are only 25 booths available for
the event and five are already reserved. Booths are reserved on a first
come, first serve basis.

Sponsorships include booth space, free registration for the sponsor's
team (depending on level of sponsorship), advertising with Directions
Magazine, and recognition on all promotions associated with the event,
both in print and online. We also offer the sponsors an opportunity to
deliver a workshop so contact us if you would like to understand how to
do so.

If you wish to become a sponsor of the event, please see all details at
the
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37497&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send> Exhibitor Information Area
of the conference website or contact
<mailto:jane.elliott at directionsmag.com> Jane Elliott at 847-242-0412.

  _____

	CURRENT SPONSORS
Diamond Sponsor

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37494&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>

Other Sponsors to date:

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37500&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37489&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37491&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/temp/images/1/ADSK_logo_L_blk_web.p
ng>

  _____

	The conference is supported by these professional societies and
organizations:
  <http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/temp/images/1/RCG_logos1.jpg>

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37493&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37492&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37502&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>
Feel free to pass along this newsletter so that they may subscribe to
further announcements. Or you may
<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/unsub.php?Mem=80014&ConfirmCo
de=1138b2409a38587bcd77fcea93b0e217> unsubscribe from this list.

Contact via  <mailto:info at rocketcitygeospatial.com> email

Conference hosted by

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/link.php?LinkID=37490&UserID=
80014&Newsletter=684&List=28&LinkType=Send>
Copyright Directions Media 2007

<http://newsletter.directionsmag.com/users/sendopen.php?MemberID=80014&S
endID=1696&Type=Send>