shrug-l: coordinates

William B. Porter william.porter at famu.edu
Mon Apr 30 16:36:55 EDT 2007

I don't believe you can divine the source from the numbers as written.
The apostrophe [indicating feet?] may be a typo or translation error
from Unix to Windows.

The same numbers are used in UTM and state plane grids all over the
world.  That's pretty much the purpose of numbers and Cartesian
coordinate grids.  There is nothing that makes these numbers unique to
Florida, Canada or Iraq

William Porter William.porter at famu.edu

GIS/GPS Application Coordinator 850 412 5598

Enterprise Information Technology

Florida A&M University

1601 S. ML King Blvd

TLH FL 32307