shrug-l: Aquifer Vulnerability Maps

Sykes, John John.Sykes at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Oct 10 12:50:05 EDT 2007

Hey everyone!

Today there was an article in the Democrat talking about the Floridan Aquifer
Vulnerability Maps produced for Leon and Wakulla Counties.  I think that Leon
County paid for their work and DEP paid for the Wakulla County work.  I
thought, with the cutbacks in the State budget, that these maps would help us
to prioritize Hazardous Waste Cleanup Sites in these counties, but the
article only had two so-so quality PDFs of these maps.  Do any of you out
there working for Leon County or the Florida Geographical Survey have these
maps as ArcGIS layers?  I already have the FAVA maps, but this is one step
further in the decision-making process and could help us out due to the
publicity they are generating.

Thanks in advance, if you can help!

-- John

The Department of Environmental

Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and

improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of

service you received. Copy the url below to a web browser to complete the DEP

survey: http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=John.Sykes@dep.state.fl.us Thank you in advance for completing the survey.