shrug-l: ArcGIS training classes in October

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Sep 18 15:55:11 EDT 2007

Introduction to ArcGIS classes in October

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> Keck & Wood, Inc. is offering ArcGIS Desktop
(ArcView, ArcEditor, & ArcInfo) classes in October. These classes will
be held at our corporate office in Duluth Georgia. Many states and
organizations accept these classes as PDH and CEU credits. All the
classes offered by Keck & Wood count as credit toward getting or
maintaining the GISP certification from the GIS Certification Institute
<http://www.gisci.org/> .

All ESRI developed classes are taught be an experienced ESRI Authorized
Instructor. In addition to GIS training, Keck & Wood, Inc provides a
range of engineering, planning, and GIS services geared specifically for
Utility Authorities, Cities and Counties.

What & When:

<http://isite1886.intellisite.com/files/GIS/Intro%20to%20ArcGIS%20I.pdf>
Introduction to ArcGIS I - Oct 15-16

This two day ESRI developed class begins the foundation for becoming a
successful ArcView(r), ArcEditor(tm), or ArcInfo(tm) user. This course
covers fundamental GIS concepts as well as how to query a GIS database,
manipulate tabular data, edit spatial and attribute data, and present
data clearly and efficiently using maps and charts. Participants learn
how to use ArcMap(tm), ArcCatalog(tm), and ArcToolbox(tm) and explore
how these applications work together to provide a complete GIS software
solution.

<http://isite1886.intellisite.com/files/GIS/Intro%20to%20ArcGIS%20II.pdf
> Introduction to ArcGIS II - Oct 17-19

Extend what you learned in Introduction to ArcGIS I with further
exploration of ArcMap and ArcCatalog. This three day ESRI developed
course focuses on spatial analysis, automation of spatial and attribute
data, editing, and advanced options for cartographic display. A portion
of the class is reserved for carrying out an analysis project and
applying many of the new skills and techniques learned in this course.
Participants conduct queries, perform spatial analysis, and present
their results in a hard-copy map.

Where:

Keck & Wood's Corporate Office (Metro Atlanta Area)

2425 Commerce Ave., Bldg 2100 Ste 300

Duluth, Ga 30096

How Much:

Introduction to ArcGIS I - $750.00 per student

Introduction to ArcGIS II - $1,100.00 per student

Introduction to ArcGIS I & II Bundle - $1,750.00 per student

Using AutoCAD Data in ArcGIS - $750.00 per student

Some Student Feedback:

"The courses were very helpful and went above and beyond my
expectations. Since I had no experience in GIS, these courses were
taught on an understandable level in which I retained knowledgeable
information. Tripp was great presenting the material. He made the class
fun and easy to understand in using everyday examples. I would
definitely take another class from Tripp." - Matthew Chancey - Mapping
Department - Monroe Utilities Network - Introduction to ArcGIS I & II -
5/23/2005

"Excellent, fantastic, outstanding! Tripp knows his stuff and
communicates it well! The courses are well planned and easy to
understand. The examples are clear and practical to government use. This
is an excellent introduction to ArcGIS. " - Matthew Robinson - IT
Director - Peachtree City, GA - Introduction to ArcGIS I & II -
1/20/2006

"Great material that followed up with Intro to GIS I. All the material
was relevant to what I needed to know. Thanks ESRI!!  Mr. Corbin, the
instructor, was very knowledgeable about the software and the procedures
that were entailed to use it. Tripp was excellent in his presentation!!"
-

Matt Davis - GIS Tech - City of Oxford, MS - Introduction to ArcGIS II -
12/15/2006

Other GIS training classes:

*

<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Fundamentals%20of%20ArcView3.pdf>
Fundamentals of Arcview GIS 3.x - Instructor Led
*

	Fundamentals
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Fundamentals%20Editing%20ArcGIS.pdf>
of Editing with ArcGIS Desktop - CD-ROM Based
*

	Geodatabase
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Geodatabase%20Fundamentals.pdf>
Fundamentals - CD-ROM Based
*

	Using
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Using%20AutoCAD%20Data%20in%20ArcGIS.
pdf> AutoCAD data in ArcGIS - Instructor Led & DVD-ROM Based
*

	Introduction
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Intro%20to%20Geoprocessing%20Model%20
Builder.pdf> to Geoprocessing & Model Builder (under development)
*

<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Intro%20to%20Geoprocessing%20with%20P
ython.pdf> Introduction to Geoprocessing with Python in ArcGIS - CD-ROM
& Inst. Led
*

<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Intro%20to%20VBA%20in%20ArcMap.pdf>
Introduction to VBA in ArcMap - CD-ROM
*

	 <http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Geocoding%20in%20ArcGIS.pdf>
Geocoding and Address Matching in ArcGIS - CD-ROM
*

<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Advanced%20Labeling%20Annotation%20in
%20ArcMap.pdf> Advanced Labeling & Annotation in ArcMap - CD-ROM
*

	 <http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Intro%20to%20ArcObjects.pdf>
Introduction to ArcObjects - CD-ROM
*

<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Create%20net%20webservices%20with%20A
rcIMS.pdf> Creating .NET Web Services with ArcIMS - CD-ROM
*

<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Using%20Google%20Maps%20in%20Apps.pdf
> Using Google Maps in your applications - CD-ROM
*

	Fundamentals
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Map3D%20Fundamentals.pdf> of AutoCAD
Map - Instructor Led (Schedule based on demand)

For more information or to register for a class, please visit our
website at www.keckwood.com <http://www.keckwood.com/>  or contact us at
gistraining at keckwood.com for more information.