shrug-l: opening outsiders' MXDs

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Fri Sep 4 23:38:50 EDT 2009

The only time I have experienced problems opening someone elses MXD is when it has an imbedded image file that I do not have such as a logo. Other wise It will always open. Of course it normally shows red ! in the TOC but that is expected. It might also be caused by the use of an extension such as Maplex you may not have.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/Mapping
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc.
www.keckwood.com <http://mail.keckwood.com:81/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.keckwood.com/>

Keck & Wood, Inc offers instructor led and virtual training for ESRI's ArcGIS & ArcView software.
Please visit www.keckwood.com <http://mail.keckwood.com:81/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.keckwood.com/>  for more information including a schedule of upcoming classes.