shrug-l: survey data

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Wed Sep 30 10:53:42 EDT 2009

Ginny,

All that message means is that there is not a prj file associated with
the CAD file which tells ArcGIS what projection and coordinate system it
is in. It does not mean that the coordinates stored in the CAD file are
not in your desired coordinate system. So you are fine. You might want
to look at an article I wrote on our website about understanding the DWG
format for a better understanding of DWGs and DXFs.  Here is the link:
http://www.keckwood.com/223689.ihtml

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor