shrug-l: IE9 with GIS apps

Keith Sandell Keith.Sandell at citizensfla.com
Tue Nov 1 18:20:09 EDT 2011

Hey Shruggers,

Has anyone had much experience with getting web map apps to run
correctly and efficiently in IE9?

The applications I have in house will run great on Chrome and FF, but I
have not been able to get them to run very well in IE7/8/9, IE will
either not apply the styling or the load stalls when it encounters the
termination of a query task that is written to a dojo element.

All of the apps I have in house generate their lists of layers/features
dynamically from the database tables when the applications load.

I've also found two (2) apps (there may be more) that were created by
Esri that will not work in IE7/8/9:

http://serverapps.esri.com/javascript_examples/PopulateDropdownList.html

http://help.arcgis.com/EN/webapi/javascript/arcgis/demos/query/query_doj
ochart.html

One common thread among all of these is that they leverage query tasks
that terminate in dojo elements, i.e. drop down list, tab container,
accordion container, dojo chart, etc.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Or have any thoughts on the
matter?

Thanks

Keith Sandell, MBA

GIS Manager, Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

2320 Killearn Center Blvd, Bldg D, Tallahassee, Florida 32309

ofc. 850.521.8341   |   cell 850.727.2897

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon