shrug-l: ArcGIS 10: What's new - Online class

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Wed Feb 8 10:21:48 EST 2012

Though ArcGIS 10.1 will be coming out very soon (It is moving from Beta to
release candidate testing), many are just now migrating from 9.3 to 10.
ArcGIS 10 represents the biggest change to ArcGIS since it was first
released at least from an appearance and workflow standpoint. For example
editing is completely different with the introduction of Feature Templates,
the Create Features Window and revised Snapping Environment. Esri has also
added additional functionality to the core product such as Data Driven Pages
and Dynamic Text. With all these changes, transitioning to ArcGIS 10 is not
as easy as it has been with past versions.

eGIS Associates is conducting an online session of our ArcGIS 10: What's New
course on February 16 from 8:30 to 4:30 Est. This one day course covers:

.        General changes in ArcGIS 10

.        Changes to the ArcMap Interface

.        Editing in ArcGIS 10 with Feature Templates & the new snapping
environment

.        Creating Data Driven Pages and Using Dynamic Text

.        Geocoding in ArcGIS 10

This course has been used by several organizations as a stepping stone to
kick start their migration to ArcGIS 10 including Georgia Power, Columbus
Georgia, Atlanta Watershed Management, Florence Co. SC, and the Suwannee
River Water Management District in Florida. Here is some feedback from
students that have attended this course:

"It is a quick to see what is new in 10" - Glenn Horvath, Suwannee River
Water Management District

"I learned the basic upgrades using ARC 10. The books and the power points
were very easy to follow and efficient time was given to complete exercises
without feeling rushed." - Tilda Musgrove, Suwannee River Water Management
District

"The class was excellent. We had a mix of students with varying degrees of
experience in GIS and the class was useful to everyone" - Thomas McCraken,
GIS Analyst, Georgia Power.

"I am in the GIS learning process and this class provided great information.
The instructor was well informed  on each topic and the exercises were good
to follow up." - Martha L. Santana, GIS Planner, City of Columbus, GA

"We covered a lot of topics and learned about the new features in ArcGIS 10.
It was a very helpful class and the instructor was very knowledgeable." -
Rosana Justel, City of Columbus, GA

The cost to attend this course is only $300.00. I will be the instructor. I
am an Esri Certified Trainer with over 20 years of GIS, Mapping and
surveying experience.

If you are interested in attending this class or would like more
information, please feel free to contact me.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate