shrug-l: GIS bike ride

Christopher L Judd clj2289 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:27:33 EDT 2013

Dear fellow GIS colleagues,

I think it would be fun to get together and have a regularly occurring
organized bike ride for all of us involved the GIS community that also
enjoy cycling.  It will be a way to socialize, network and connect with
each other while enjoying the natural resources that our area has to offer.
 This will be a very easy ride and riders of all levels will be welcomed
and encouraged to join.  The inaugural ride will be off-road (mountain
bikes are required) on Munson Hills bike trail.  Munson Hills is a total of
8 miles and a shorter option of about 4-5 miles.  You do not have know the
trail, we are planning on having someone lead the ride to show the way and
someone to stay at the back so no one gets left behind.

I propose that we meet in the parking lot of the St Marks trail head (just
off capital circle south east)  at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, September 25th.

I will bring some post ride refreshments.  Please let me know if you are
planning to join so I can get an initial head count.  If you can't make
this ride, but are interested in future rides let me know that as well so I
can gauge the community interest in future rides.

Cheers,

Chris Judd
GIS Software Developer