shrug-l: ArcGIS Pro 1.1 and 3D Scenes - possible bug

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Thu Jul 30 15:55:24 EDT 2015

Good afternoon my fellow SHRUGGERs

I think I have stumbled across a bug in ArcGIS Pro 1.1 when working in a 3D
scene. So here is the set up. I have created a new local scene in ArcGIS
Pro. It is using the default Esri world elevation model as the ground
surface. The scene is set to use my local state plane coordinate system.

When I add 2D layers to the scene they are not visible unless I make them 3D
layers or change the coordinate system to a geographic coordinate system or
if I use a local DEM as my ground surface.  I am wondering if anyone else is
having this issue.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System
Design Associate