shrug-l: FW: URISA Announces Call for Presentations for GIS-Pro
2016 in Toronto
tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Thu Jan 7 14:44:55 EST 2016
Passing this along. GIS Pro is a great conference. I hope some of my fellow SHRUGGERs can attend.
Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP | Chief Executive Officer
<http://www.egisassociates.com/> eGIS Associates, Inc.
tcorbin at egisassociates.com <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> | www.egisassociates.com
678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax
Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System Design Associate
Order my new book Learning ArcGIS Pro <https://squareup.com/market/egisassociates/learning-arcgis-pro-1> now!
From: info at urisa.org [mailto:info at urisa.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:40 PM
To: tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Subject: URISA Announces Call for Presentations for GIS-Pro 2016 in Toronto
URISA Announces Call for Presentations for GIS-Pro 2016 in Toronto
* <http://www.urisa.org/education-events/gis-pro-2016-call-for-presentations/> GIS-Pro 2016 Call for Presentations – abstract submissions due March 1
* <http://www.urisa.org/education-events/urisa-s-caribbean-gis-conference/> URISA 2016 Caribbean GIS Conference Call for Presentations – abstract submissions due January 15
* <http://www.calgis.org/> CalGIS 2016 Call for Presentations – abstract submissions due January 15
URISA is pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for GIS-Pro 2016: URISA's 54th Annual Conference in Toronto, Ontario. The conference will take place at the Westin Harbour Castle, October 31-November 3, 2016.
The GIS-Pro 2016 Conference Committee invites your presentation proposals. This year’s conference will once again bring together an international audience of your peers to present, discuss, analyze, and share their experiences, insights, solutions and yes, frustrations in the geospatial arena. Help us get the dialogue going. Presenting at GIS-Pro is rarely a one-way process… your presentation will just be the start of the discussion.
There are numerous presentation formats to fit your style...from formal speaking slots and panel discussions to casual luncheon presentations and IGNITE talks. The Conference Committee has provided the following list to consider as possible presentation topics. The list is not meant to be restrictive, but is provided to stimulate ideas. Feel free to think outside the box. Consider innovations, trends, technical and management topics. Propose ideas geared to GIS beginners, mid-career managers or the leaders in the field.
All proposals received will be reviewed and considered for the conference program.
* Aerial Photography, Remote Sensing, & LIDAR
* Agency Collaboration
* Application Development
* Architecture & Integration
* Best Practices, Certifications, & Continuing Education
* Big Data
* Capital Asset Management
* Career Advancement
* Cartography & Map Design
* Civic Engagement & Public Participation
* Developing quality RFPs and measuring ROI
* Education, particularly K-12 and post-secondary
* Emerging Technologies and the Cloud
* Environmental Conservation and Management
* First Nation GIS
* GIS and 911; Emergency Response; Hazard Mitigation, Fire Management; Earthquake or Flood Response
* Map Publication Systems and Applications
* Mobile Applications & GPS
* Natural Resource Management
* Open Data
* Open Source GIS
* Private Sector Innovations
* Program Management & Planning
* Projects, Implementations, & Strategies
* Public Health
* Renewable Energy & Climate Change
* Smart Cities
* Soft Skills Development
* 3D GIS
* Transportation and Transit
* Urban Planning
* Utilities – Water, Wastewater, Electrical, Gas, Stormwater, Phone, Broadband, etc.
Abstract submissions are due March 1, 2016.
For complete details and an online submission form, visit <http://www.urisa.org/education-events/gis-pro-2016-call-for-presentations/> GIS-Pro 2016 Call for Presentations.
This e-mail was sent from URISA (info at urisa.org <mailto:info at urisa.org> ) to tcorbin at egisassociates.com <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> .
To unsubscribe, please click on this link and follow the instructions: Unsubscribe <https://netforum.avectra.com/public/EmailUnsubscribe.aspx?msm=d0e892f4-01ea-4dc3-8549-4109b90d6058&cst=2d5cdc74-9654-4134-a835-779fb966af5b&ent=6f1f21c2-5419-44e8-9a28-067fa1d498b4>
URISA,PO Box 1247 Bedford Park IL 60499-1247, Phone Number:(847) 824-6300, Fax Number: (847) 824-6363, Email Address: info at urisa.org <mailto:info at urisa.org> , Website : www.urisa.org <http://www.urisa.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 7701 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.dep.state.fl.us/pipermail/shrug-l/attachments/20160107/187c6274/attachment.jpeg
More information about the SHRUG-L