shrug-l: REMINDER: Florida Hazus User Group Meeting (Today @ 3pm EST)

Ray, Jason Jason.Ray at em.myflorida.com
Wed Dec 6 11:07:10 EST 2017

Join us today for our monthly FLHUG Meeting at 3pm EST.

We have a great presentation from Scott Warner whom will be presenting on the Florida Emergency GIS Response Team (Florida EGRT).

Presentation Synopsis:
The Florida Emergency GIS Response Team (Florida EGRT) is a statewide GIS volunteer initiative to provide local government GIS with emergency GIS support in times of need.  The initiative is modeled after Texas EGRT and follows the NIMS and ICS structures for responding to All-Hazard incidents or events.  The effort encourages communication between local Emergency Management Agencies and their GIS departments, to communicate with other neighboring GIS professionals when there is a need for assistance to see if volunteer support can be provided.  We are currently looking for more volunteers to help with spearheading this initiative, and also coordinators to help coordinate each EGRT region.

We will also have an update on Hazus Training in Florida including potential dates in 2018 as we have begun finalizing this effort.

Meeting Information:

Webinar: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/631811397

Phone: 1-888-670-3525; Pin: 6171416843#
Jason Ray
GIS Administrator
Florida Division of Emergency Management
jason.ray at em.myflorida.com<mailto:jason.ray at em.myflorida.com>
850-815-4730 (Office)
850-443-0170 (Mobile)