shrug-l: Support mapping communities vulnerable to disaster!

Rebecca Firth rebecca.firth at hotosm.org
Thu Dec 14 16:57:47 EST 2017

Hi All,

It was a pleasure to speak with so many of you at the SHRUG conference last
month and share more about Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team and how we work.
Thank you for the incredibly welcoming reception, it was a real pleasure to
attend the conference.

This year, HOT responded to seven concurrent natural disasters, which
hugely stretched our capacity as an organisation and a community of
volunteers. To build local GIS capacity in communities affected by
disasters, we've launched a crowdfunding campaign. With the funding, we
will reduce vulnerability for communities living in some of the most
precarious places in the world. We are a small largely volunteer led
organisation, and even really small amounts of funding make a huge
difference. If you'd be interested to donate, more about the campaign is
here: donate.hotosm.org and a video here: https://youtu.be/fF_Ai5GBASc If
you'd like to help us spread the message, please follow us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/hotosm>, Twitter <https://twitter.com/hotosm>, or
join our newsletter/mailing list at the bottom of our website
<http://hotosm.org/>. We have a corporate partner lined up to make a large
matching gift when we reach 200 donors, so any support to get us to that
point would be fantastic!

Happy holidays, and best wishes to all for a happy and peaceful end of the
year!

Rebecca

--
*Rebecca Firth*
Community and Partnerships Manager

*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*

You can #mapthedifference today! Donate.hotosm.org
<http://donate.hotosm.org/>
<https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <http://donate.hotosm.org/>