[FRC] Recommendations for Recycled Content Promotional Items & Vendors

Tessa Schreiner SchreinerT at leoncountyfl.gov
Wed Jul 20 11:20:46 EDT 2016

Travis,

The companies that we have used for our "eco-swag" are below:
www.EcoPromotionsOnline.com
www.ReuseIt.com (you can even "shop by interest" and choose things made in the USA)
www.PlanetEarthPromotions.com
www.RecycledProducts.com

As a general rule, we always purchase items that are useful and consistent with our message. For example, we don't feel that buying those Livestrong-type bracelets are very useful for waste reduction or promotion. Alternatively, we have bought spoon/knife/fork sets to promote the use of reusable utensils vs. single-use. We have also purchased coffee tumblers, aluminum water bottles, bamboo thumb drives (as an alternative to printing), produce pouches (to incentivize people to not use the plastic produce bags at grocery stores), and cloth reusable bags. Finally, one of the most popular items are our recycling magnets - we have our recycling graphic printed on a magnet that people can put on their refrigerator, metal recycling bin, etc.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tessa Schreiner, LEED GA
Recycling and Sustainability Manager
Office of Resource Stewardship
Leon County
1907 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Email: SchreinerT at leoncountyfl.gov
Office: (850) 606-5021
www.GrowingGreen.org

"People Focused. Performance Driven."

Thank you for your email. Please note that under Florida's Public Records laws, most written communications to or from county staff or officials regarding county business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

Please consider the environment before printing this email!
>>> "Barnes, Travis" <BarnesT at hillsboroughcounty.org> 7/19/2016 4:42 PM >>>

Recycling Coordinators,

I hope everyone is having a great afternoon.  Please share the names of companies you have had positive experiences working with to purchase recycling promotional items that have high recycled content.

I’m also interested in any recommendations regarding promotional item giveaways your municipality uses that have been well received by the public.  Thanks in advance for all responses and recommendations.  Take care and enjoy the rest of the work week.

Best Regards,

Travis S. Barnes, MPA, LEED AP
Recycling Coordinator
Solid Waste Management Division

P: (813) 209-3085
E: BarnesT at HillsboroughCounty.org
W: HillsboroughCounty.org/Recycling

Hillsborough County
332 N. Falkenburg Road, Tampa, FL 33619

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  YouTube  |  LinkedIn

Please note: All correspondence to or from this office is subject to Florida’s Public Records law.