[FRC] Composting in Schools

Moore, Karen S. Karen.S.Moore at dep.state.fl.us
Tue May 2 15:35:33 EDT 2017

Good Afternoon,

We received a call from a couple of teachers in Miami-Dade County looking to start a composting program at their school.  The project is just in the beginning stages and they are considering purchasing a food digester.  They wanted to know if we could recommend any resources for composting on the school level and obtaining a digester that the kids could put the food into, with a process that would be easy for them to understand.  They were also considering buying some type of a food composting kit, but thought the digester would be easier to use.

Please let me know if you have any resources or recommendations we could send these teachers.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Karen
[cid:image003.png at 01D2C359.BB0AF990]<http://www.dep.state.fl.us/>

Karen Moore