[FRC] Composting in Schools

Massa, Jeanmarie (DSWM) Jeanmarie.Massa at miamidade.gov
Tue May 2 15:51:08 EDT 2017

Hi Karen,
Miami-Dade County through the Miami-Dade County Cooperative Extension Office offers home composting workshops taught by a Master Gardner.  If a resident completes the course they are given a home composter.  I don't know if one of the teachers would want to take the course, but here is the information:
Home Composting
Home composting of yard waste and select kitchen waste takes materials that could wind up in a landfill and converts it into compost, a useful product for our South Florida gardens.
It also avoids the energy and carbon emissions associated with transportation of this material to a centralized final disposal site.
Anything that was a plant can be composted.
Miami-Dade County's Department of Solid Waste Management is hosting home composting workshops in cooperation with the Miami-Dade County Cooperative Extension<http://miami-dade.ifas.ufl.edu/>.
Also, printed below is the link to our website:

http://www.miamidade.gov/solidwaste/home-composting.asp

I hope this information helps.

Jeanmarie

Jeanmarie Manze Massa, Recycling Manager
Miami-Dade County
Solid Waste Management Department
Public Information & Outreach Division
111 NW 1st Street, 16th Floor, Miami, Florida 33128
305-375-4824 Phone  *  305-790-2295 Cell
massaj at miamidade.gov<mailto:massaj at miamidade.gov>   www.miamidade.gov/solid waste<http://www.miamidade.gov/publicworks>
"Delivering Excellence Every Day"