gis-l: SYSADMIN - ArcSDE Problems / Suggested Workaround

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:14:45 -0500

GIS Users,

We are experiencing connection license problems for ArcSDE 8.1.2 =
connections
to Odyssey.  We are working to resolve the problem, but it may entail
shutting down ArcSDE and restarting it.  This problem will only affect =
users
connecting manually (using the View>Add Database Theme menu pick) to =
ArcSDE
on Odyssey or using DataMiner to provide the connection to Odyssey.

Since we are still running SDE 3.0.2 on GISSUN5 parallel, there is a =
simple
work-around.  If you need immediate access to SDE layers and cannot get =
connection to Odyssey, establish a manual connection to GISSUN5 using =
the
View>Add Database Theme menu pick from ArcView 3.2a or the Database
connection function from ArcGIS 8.1.  The host is gissun5, the instance =
is
sde1, the database is not needed, the user is sdeuser, and the password =
is
sdeuser.  The list of layers will be provided from which to choose.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know when service =
has
returned to normal.

-Linc

Linc Clay