gis-l: Locational Data Standard - Version 2

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:41:28 -0500

GIS Users and Friends,

The Locational Data Standards Committee of the GCC has just revised the
Locational Data Standard and released version 2 of the standard.  =
Version 2
has several improvements, not the least of which is a much more =
user-friendly
format.  In addition to the improved format, several new columns serving =
as
application gateways have been added.  We think this revision of the =
standard
will help pave the foundation for the integration of our spatial data =
with
our tabular data..

The new standard may be viewed from the FDEP/BIS/GIS Standards web site =
at

	http://depnet/bisnet/bisgis/standards/files/LocationalStandardFv2.pdf

Having improved the standard, our next task is to create an XML schema =
or DTD
for the standard so that we may employ the XML support of Oracle to =
continue
to make progress on data integration.  The XML definition of the =
standard
will be the foundation of the next revision, which we hope to have =
completed
within six months.

Thanks for your interest in improving the data used by FDEP to make =
decisions
that impact our citizens and our environment.

-Linc

Linc Clay
Bureau of Information Systems/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd., MS 6520